Yahoo! Avatars

Monday, July 7, 2008

Thing #22

Nings--I had heard the word, but did not know anything about them. I subscribed to TLC and LM_Net after being out of the loop for over ten years to try to keep up with some of the latest trends and/or problems. I have really become attached to those two services--have even ventured out into asking and answering some of the questions posted even though one of the Nings that I read said that those two were intimidating. I looked at the Texas Librarian Ning which I had read about on TLC and I liked what I saw--I like the fact that you can post videos, photos, etc. on a Ning--it does make it seem more personable because you can connect a face and a name. When a discussion question is posted all the replies are with the question--on TLC and LM_Net that is not the case even though the groups are usually very quick about answering a question. I also checked out the Teacher Ning and found some activities that I can use for the younger groups--I am always looking for exercises to use with the younger children since I had always been a high school librarian prior to taking this part-time job in a PreK-12 school. Definitely something I will check out--BUT, I will probably be a lurker for a while.

No comments: