Yahoo! Avatars

Friday, July 4, 2008

Thing #14

I investigated Technorati and was surprised to receive such a difference when looking for "School Library Learning 2.0" under blogs, tags, and posts--I was surprised that there was not a greater number of tags. The video on Technorati did make a point that I had not thought about and that was the internet has become a device for companies and/or commercial interests rather than for people; blogging is suppose to bring it back to the people. Since I realize that 90%+ sites on the internet are .com sites, I don't know why it should surprise me.
I guess that I might not have enough information yet to make a really good decision on whether to use this or not, but it seems as if I spent a lot of time looking without coming up with any material that I thought was valuable--some interesting stuff, but not what I would call valuable. I did watch two videos of my two favorite film stars, but I'm not sure that I would call that a productive use of my time. I think that I will reserve judgement until I get back in school and use it to help students--then I will make my decision.

No comments: