Yahoo! Avatars

Saturday, July 5, 2008

Thing #18

I downloaded OpenOffice and it looks almost like Microsoft Office 2003 (which I loved). I now have Vista and Office 2007 which really frustrates me because things are not in the same place that they were--oh, well, that is another class. Google Docs gave me a chance to get back to several other things that I had subscribed to during this class. Having Docs, Reader, Calendar, etc. all in one place seems as if it would be a time saver. After watching the video I can see that this would be a wonderful feature if you had a group of teachers or students coordinating on the same project--much more efficient than email. I really like both of these features and I think that I will probably use both of them. Microsoft Office has gotten so expensive that I can see the real value of a free comparable program.

No comments: