Saturday, July 12, 2008
1. Picking a favorite is hard, but I suppose that knowing how to embed a YouTube or TeacherTube into a blog is up there at the top. You didn't ask for my least favorite, but that would be the mashup exercise, because I was not very successful at that--I would love to be able to do a map project and I was not able to master mappr and importing it into the blog; I had to settle for a beginning Mosaic project.
2. Doing projects like this definitely keeps my mind active and, hopefully, continually learning. I am going to love knowing how to do some of the projects that I have seen the students attempting to do; now, I think that I can help them.
3. Lots of unexpected outcomes, but I was thrilled to be able to locate the Billy Joel TeacherTube presentation after reading another blog. I loved reading other blogs--they gave me some wonderful ideas for future projects.
4. I'm not sure that I know enough to really answer this question, but one of the problems that I had was that I was hesitant to ask a question about something that I did not know how to do. I suppose that I am like so many students that do not ask questions because they are afraid it is a stupid question with an obvious answer--so the problem was with me rather than with the course.
5. Yes, I think that I would take another course. Our world is changing so quickly and when you live in a remote area, it is difficult to find courses that you can take without driving long distances and at great expense. I am envious of all of you in the Spring Branch ISD system who know people that are taking the course to personally ask questions about something that you do not understand and/or to bounce ideas around with someone else.
6. AWESOME!! or "A mind-expanding class".
7. I have commented on several during the class, but I will go back and add comments to two or three of my favorite blogs.
Monday, July 7, 2008
I do not know what is wrong with the audio portion of the video. I even purchased a new microphone for my computer, but still no luck; will have to make do with background music for now. I think students would enjoy being able to put videos into their presentations. I can hardly wait for the new project that we are doing this year in the small school that I am a part of to get started. With the new smartboards that we have and some of the techniques in this class, I see countless possibilities. If I am not very proficient in the techniques, at least I now know what they are trying to do and perhaps, I will be able to help them make a better presentation.