Yahoo! Avatars

Friday, July 4, 2008

Thing #13

I checked out Del.icio.us, Furl and Ma.gnolia. Del.icio.us and Furl both seemed to be easier to use than Ma.gnolia; however, I am wondering if any of these will get past the filters at my school. I will have to check that out when I return to school. I liked the highlight feature in Furl, but I also see a problem with that feature with beginning researchers because it could easily lead to plagerism just as with any "cut and paste" feature. Being able to set up the feature to email a tagged article to someone else that you think might find it of some value could be a nice feature for a Principal and/or Superintendent to automatically send it to one of the teachers.
I can see the value of these devices for saving articles, etc. for research, but I am wondering if the Google Notebook feature that we found out about earlier might be a better way for public school students to retain research articles than one of these three. The one feature of Ma.gnolia that I did like was the fact that they automatically changed a website address if the address changes after you have saved it.
I hope to have time to check out what I have learned in Thing #13 at the school prior to the start of school.

No comments: