Yahoo! Avatars

Saturday, July 5, 2008

Thing #19

Getting to select the best from the best--great!! I selected MyHeritage and checked out an ancestor that I have been looking for--received hits in 39 different lists--much easier than searching the web for sites for genealogy. My son is always talking about Craig's list so I had to check it out--much like ebay except you can pick from items in your own town. I also checked out Wikispaces--there are free spaces offered to schools this next year. I think that would be a good deal for a school, but since I am only part time, I need to find a cooperating teacher to use the site for her or his class--I will check that out. I also checked under education (.Docstoc) and found documents on teaching library skills in school that might be helpful. I would think that having a list by categories would be helpful for teachers to select one that would fit their area.

No comments: