Yahoo! Avatars

Monday, June 16, 2008

Thing #8

I have added two newscasts--one local and one worldwide. I have added five library-related blogs that were recommended.
I think the RSS feeds are valuable to a librarian because it puts the latest news in one place that can be reviewed the first thing each morning--I use to scan the newspapers each morning to be able to help students with current events--a reader is much more efficient and covers more information than the old method that I use to have to do.
The library-related blogs is an easy way to keep up with advances or techniques used by other librarians. However, at this point, I rely on my librarian list-servs for just that information. Librarians are so busy that I'm not sure that many of us will have time to keep a blog up-to-date. Perhaps, though, I am such a novice at this that I am not aware of all the possibilities and it just seems as if the emails thru the list-servs would be faster.
I think the feeds would be a great asset in a history or geography class to find out what is happening now in the country the class is currently studying.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ok I like your blog. How did you put a trading card on it?

mlw said...

I did not do it correctly, but I have not had time to go back to Thing #6 and discover why I could not import my mashup into my blog. I ended up saving my trading card as a picture on my desktop and then importing it into my blog. I plan to go back to redo that Thing.